CareerBuilder Announces Collaboration to Use Google Cloud Machine Learning to Make Job Search Faster and Easier
CareerBuilder is currently running experiments using Google Cloud Jobs API to power searches on CareerBuilder’s U.S. job site. Right now, this is taking place in a test environment with the intention of taking it into production in the future. Equipped with deep knowledge in recruitment and human capital management, CareerBuilder is leveraging the scale of Google’s expertise in machine learning to provide swifter, more relevant results for workers looking for jobs. Early tests show positive results in helping job seekers find the most relevant jobs and discover opportunities they wouldn’t have necessarily surfaced.
“CareerBuilder will be able to layer our rich domain expertise over Google’s extensive search capabilities, opening the door to new efficiencies and opportunities for our business, clients and users,” said Matt Ferguson, CEO of CareerBuilder. “Working with Google will give us the backend framework that we can leverage as we accelerate our transition into a global HR software as a service provider and build our ecosystem.” In recent years, CareerBuilder has transformed from a pioneer in job board technology to an end-to-end human capital management company. CareerBuilder has taken its product suite beyond recruitment into post-hire solutions and today specializes in cutting-edge SaaS solutions for everything from candidate sourcing, job distribution and applicant tracking to onboarding, HRIS, benefits administration and compliance.
“Collaborating with Google is part of our innovation strategy,” Ferguson added. “We are a big believer in having an open ecosystem, and we make a point of working with the best. We are confident that utilizing Google’s API will enable us to expedite enhancements in the area of job search, dive deeper into solving tougher problems for employers and achieve faster global development down the line.” Collaborating with Google is the latest in a series of investments CareerBuilder has made in enhancing its site. Focused on speed, accuracy, ease of use, comprehensiveness and freshness of results, CareerBuilder has created a highly transparent and intuitive job search experience. Almost 70 percent of the job applications on its site come through its job recommendation engine.
Key enhancements include:
- Users have a personalized home page based on their job browsing and apply history.
- Registered job seekers can see which employers are looking at their resume and which search terms employers are using to find them, so they can fine-tune their communications. Users can keep track of their past applications and update the status of their job search.
- Registered users can determine how likely an employer will be to respond to them by seeing how many other people have already applied for a position and seeing aggregated data on other candidates’ education and experience. Users can instantly view this information on every job posting and then receive more in-depth insights once they have applied.
- CareerBuilder launched a new Semantic Library to recommend similar job search queries to job seekers to get them in front of jobs they might not have otherwise seen.
- CareerBuilder released a major update to its Android and IOS job search apps to provide a more effective mobile job search experience – both have four-star ratings.
- CareerBuilder launched an Explore Careers section, which provides salary information for thousands of jobs using candidate, employer and government data sources.
CareerBuilder is the only end-to-end human capital management company covering the entire candidate lifecycle and employee lifecycle for businesses. As the global leader in its industry, CareerBuilder specializes in cutting-edge HR software as a service to help companies with every step of talent acquisition and management.
CareerBuilder works with top employers across industries, providing solutions for talent and labor market analytics, job distribution, candidate sourcing, tracking, onboarding, HRIS, benefits administration and compliance. It also operates leading job sites around the world. Owned by TEGNA Inc. (NYSE:TGNA), Tribune Media (NYSE:TRCO) and McClatchy (NYSE:MNI), CareerBuilder and its subsidiaries operate in the United States, Europe, South America, Canada and Asia. For more information, visit www.careerbuilder.com.
← Return to Press Releases